Hi guys! I've been so excited to show you this room in our home for a while now. I started adding some color to our light and airy white bedroom a few months ago, and little by little, it's had a nice transformation! By a handful of DIY projects and a World Market gift card I got for Christmas, the room went from this...
The wall color, the duvet and a couple other pieces remain the same, but it's astounding how different the room feels with a few snaps of color here and there! So what exactly changed?
1) I painted our leaning wall shelves, (the thin, cheap, assemble-yourself kind we found on Amazon several years ago), in Chateau Grey by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Then I heavily distressed them for a charming aged feel.
2) I bought a 1/2" sheet of pdf board and had it cut at Home Depot to fit over our floating bedside tables. I stained them before fitting them on and am loving the touch of natural wood flanking the bed.
3) The pillow shams and curtains came from World Market, (thank you for the gift card, Casey)!
4) The decorative pillows are from Home Goods, (both were in under $10 clearance)
5) I spray painted a few small accents on the leaning wall shelves gold. Love the warmth of a few hits of gold around a room!
6) The homemade headboard, (tutorial here)
7) The lampshades! Our lamps came from Crate and Barrel as wedding gifts 7.5 years ago. I wanted to give them a slightly industrial feel, so I covered them in chicken wire.
Here they are before:
I measured and cut a length of chicken wire
Folded the top and bottom of the chicken wire over the edge of the shade.
Love, love, love how this turned out!
Thank you so much for coming by! Up tomorrow is a new piece available for sale. Production has been slow during this severe winter but it certainly hasn't stopped!
This post was originally published on Chelsea's Garage, now affectionately known as StyleMutt.