I know. I know. It’s been ages since I had a new piece to share. But the dry spell is over mis amigos - I’ve got a fresh flip to reveal.
It started with a cute dresser score on facebook marketplace. It was further out then I usually drive for a potential piece but it was a beautiful commute through some fall countryside so I didn’t mind all that much. Once I saw it in person, I was pleased to find that it really only needed some minimal repair work and an easy-to-execute fresh look:
The wood was mostly in great condition and I really didn’t want to paint it at all if I could help it. But the sides and top needed a little wood filler so it was going to need at least a little paint.
If you’ve been following along with our past projects, you’ll notice I’ve been favoring this style of two-tone (wrapping just the outer edges). But in an effort to not seem like a one-trick pony, this time I decided for a lighter paint to contrast my go-to dark inky color.
Instead of carrying the paint down the sides of the legs (like I did here), I kept the base and my beloved tapered legs in the original wood finish.
The original piece also has dull metal handles which I promptly refinished in gold to bring a little sparkle back to her front.
Finally, I have a piece to style with my moody Mr. Grocery Bag Man thrift score.
Plus the wooden fruit collection my aunt won for me at an auction.
If you’re interested in a smart new little piece, hit me up for pick up or shipping options.